Business Development Lead
(aka Lead Relationship Builder)
Does the thrill of closing that next big business opportunity make your heart sing? Are you a quick study, someone who excels at rapidly assessing a situation and understanding where value can best be offered? Are you that colleague, the one who inspires others to dream bigger and reach higher just by watching you execute on your dreams (your middle initial is “A” for ambition)?
Eubio is an innovative and growing firm that creates valuable scientific communications developed by physicians, scientists, and nurses with the mission of sharing information that inspires us all to live our most healthful lives.
We are opening our doors to one remarkable person who:
- Operates with the upmost integrity
- Is kind, credible, and has a long-standing reputation for delivering on what you promise
- Loves listening to others, and is excellent at ensuring that others feel seen, heard, and wholly supported as you work with them to develop meaningful solutions
- People remember, because of your optimism, upbeat personality, and how valued you make others feel
- Is blissfully happy when you are successfully identifying new business opportunities, nurturing relationships with others, sharing impactful ideas, and closing deals
- Has a proven track record for creating and closing significant deals with pharma/biotech/medical device clients for medical communications services
- Is team-oriented and, in all professional interactions, will view yourself as a representative of and champion for the Eubio team!
Our Business Development Lead will:
- Exemplify Eubio’s core values of integrity, grace, creativity, growth, and a belief in the goodness of life
- Develop and implement strategic business opportunity plans that identify and engage potential clients that can benefit from Eubio’s services
- Generate organic business opportunities
- Secure successful meetings with potential clients, create and deliver effective capabilities presentations that speak to clients’ needs and priorities, and engage in the appropriate follow-up and relationship nurturing necessary to earn clients’ trust and their business
- Successfully communicate and develop the company’s unique selling proposition and differentiators
- Work with Financials, Client Services, and Medical Team leads to create customized proposals that are carefully aligned with clients’ goals, desired tactics, and budget
- Continually grow and enhance their knowledge of industry innovations to support appropriate integration into Eubio’s suite of services
- Collaborate with Client Solutions and Medical Team leads to develop cutting-edge initiatives
- Further develop your existing professional level of knowledge of relevant clinical data to serve as a basis for providing value-added services to appropriate clients
- Support Client Solutions and Medical Team leads to generate and deliver on new and expanded solutions for existing clients that foster organic growth in these accounts
- Win new business for the company that is in line with Eubio’s strategic growth plan and secure signed contracts, work orders, or master service agreements related to the work at hand
- Lead the engagement process and transition with appropriate Client Solutions and Medical Team leads once client contracts are signed and work is initiated
- Assist as needed through contract execution
The Business Development Lead’s key measures of success include:
- Delivering a body of work that consistently meets this position’s gross margin goal of at least $1M in the first year for new business acquisitions
- Delivering a body of work that consistently meets Eubio’s goals for client and project diversification
- Consistently high ratings and feedback from clients and team members noting that, in their interactions with you, you are accessible, responsive, and knowledgeable, and that your words and actions reflect Eubio’s core values and mission
- BS or BA degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in successful business development in the biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device industries
- Ability to travel 25% to 50% of the time, on average
- Highly motivated and impact-driven, with a proven track record of connecting clients with meaningful, high-quality medical communications solutions
- Strong business acumen
- Solid financial negotiating skills
- Experience with relevant therapeutic areas such as rare diseases, immunology, and oncology/hematology preferred
- Ability to continually cultivate a strong network of significant relationships across the healthcare industry
- A reputation for integrity and excellence
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific and clinical data
- Clever and “quick on your feet”—able to offer value-added insights to clients and astute strategic recommendations
- Ability to lead and develop business teams
- Skilled at prioritizing and triaging commitments
- Skilled at arranging and participating in internal and external client debriefs
This is a remote, full-time position. Eubio values our team members and offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that is built with happiness in mind.
Resume and work samples should be sent to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.