Scientific/Editorial Team Lead
Are you an experienced medical writer who loves leading teams? Do your colleagues and clients say that you stand out because you inspire them to achieve their goals? While seeing the big picture, do you get a thrill ensuring the individual elements are aligned in ways that allow for success for all?
Eubio is an innovative and growing firm that creates valuable scientific communications developed by physicians, scientists, and nurses with the mission of sharing information that inspires us all to live our most healthful lives.
We are seeking Scientific/Editorial team leads to be part of our innovative team. To support our high standards and the exemplary work that our clients expect, we are looking for team members who possess the following traits:
- Operate with the upmost integrity
- Have a solid background in, and robust experience with, medical writing
- Thrive on team interaction, mentoring, and team building; and are catalysts for team cohesion
- Are adept at delegating and assigning work in a fast-paced environment
- Excel at organizing, managing, and inspiring teams to exceed client expectations and shared goals
- Are driven to serve clients with both scientific integrity and joy!
Our Scientific/Editorial Team Leads will:
- Generate project plans, with milestones, and successfully organize Scientific/Editorial team to execute these plans, considering internal resources and client goals
- Oversee project management in conjunction with Operations support and serve as the primary point of contact for the client
- Delegate team assignments and work with Operations support to develop/update timelines through Eubio’s online portal
- Anticipate gaps and potential challenges with project delivery and proactively implement strategies to ensure success
- Lead project execution by providing the Scientific/Editorial team with the direction necessary to work collaboratively and create accurate, high-quality content
- Create a seamless and enjoyable experience for the Scientific/Editorial team
- Deliver stellar solutions that are completed according to agreed-upon budgets and timelines
- Build meaningful relationships with key clients and earn their trust
- Closely collaborate with Eubio scientific leads and strategic partners to create forward-thinking scientific solutions that advance our clients’ goals
- Provide a topline review of all work before it is shared with clients and stakeholders to ensure that it meets Eubio’s standards, and apply thoughtful analysis to effectively provide feedback to Scientific/Editorial team, as needed
- Develop a conversant understanding of clients’ therapeutic area and products so that they may confidently speak to their key attributes as they engage with clients and the Eubio team
- Stay abreast of regulations and leading practices within our industry and work directly with senior management to ensure that Eubio’s work upholds practice standards
- Exemplify Eubio’s core values of integrity, grace, creativity, growth, and a belief in the goodness of life
- Inspire team members from a variety of disciplines and roles in a virtual environment to meet and exceed client expectations
- Cultivate individual and collective team strengths
- Lead project debriefs to gather team feedback and ensure that lessons learned from various stages and iterations of projects can be used to improve processes and further educate team members
- Solidify current project-related standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improve SOPs as needed to ensure that projects are operating as efficiently as possible
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a science-related discipline
- Extensive experience in medical writing
- A minimum of 4 years of proven pharmaceutical and/or medical communications agency experience developing content-based solutions for medical affairs and/or commercial clients in the pharma/biotech/medical device industries
- A track record of outstanding client service
- Exemplary leadership in a cross-functional team environment, including work with virtual teams
- Understanding of a variety of therapeutic categories, with a particular emphasis on oncology
- A sincere desire to serve clients, with the goal of making their lives easier
These are remote, contract (per-project) positions. The initial contract-to-hire engagement will be three (3) months, with the possibility of transitioning to a part-time role.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Individuals selected to continue the application process will be asked to submit a brief video interview, complete an assessment specific to the job requirements, and participate in virtual interviews with Eubio team members.