Scientific/Editorial Team Lead
Are you an experienced medical writer who loves leading teams? Do your colleagues and clients say that you stand out because you inspire them to achieve their goals? While seeing the big picture, do you get a thrill ensuring the individual elements are aligned in ways that allow for success for all?
Eubio is an innovative and growing firm that creates valuable scientific communications developed by physicians, scientists, and nurses with the mission of sharing information that inspires us all to live our most healthful lives.
We are opening our doors to one remarkable person who:
- Operates with the upmost integrity
- Has a solid background in, and robust experience with, medical writing
- Thrives on team interaction, mentoring, and team building; and is a catalyst for team cohesion
- Is adept at delegating and assigning work in a fast paced environment
- Excels at organizing, managing, and inspiring teams to exceed client expectations and shared goals
- Is driven to serve clients with both scientific integrity and joy!
Our Scientific/Editorial Team Lead will:
- Exemplify Eubio’s core values of integrity, grace, creativity, growth, and a belief in the goodness of life
- Generate project plans, with milestones, and successfully organize scientific/editorial team to execute these plans, considering internal resources and client goals
- Oversee project management in conjunction with operations support and serve as the primary point of contact for the client
- Delegate team assignments and work with operations support to develop/update timelines through our online portal
- Anticipate gaps and potential challenges with project delivery and proactively implement strategies to ensure success
- Build meaningful relationships with key clients and earn their trust
- Guide and advise clients on impactful ways to achieve their scientific goals
- Closely collaborate with Eubio scientific leads and strategic partners to create forward-thinking scientific solutions that advance our clients’ goals
- Provide a topline review of all work before it is shared with clients and stakeholders to ensure that it meets Eubio’s standards. Apply thoughtful analysis to effectively provide feedback to Scientific/Editorial team, as needed
- Work with Financials team to provide financial and statistical data about projects to clients
- Develop conversant understanding of clients’ therapeutic area and product, so that you may confidently speak to their key attributes as you engage with clients and the Eubio team
- Stay abreast of regulations and leading practices within our industry and work directly with senior management to ensure that Eubio’s work upholds practice standards
- Inspire team members from a variety of disciplines and roles in a virtual environment to meet and exceed client expectations
- Cultivate individual and collective team strengths
- Lead project debriefs to gather team feedback and ensure that lessons learned from various stages and iterations of projects can be used to improve processes and further educate team members
- Solidify current project-related standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improve SOPs as needed to ensure that projects are operating as efficiently as possible
- Exemplify Eubio’s values in your work with the team and open the door for enhanced team engagement
- Lead project execution by providing the Scientific/Editorial team with the direction necessary to work collaboratively and create accurate, high-quality content
- Create a seamless and enjoyable experience for the Scientific/Editorial team
- Work in conjunction with financials, business development, and scientific team leads to deliver customized pitches and proposals that are carefully aligned with clients’ goals, desired tactics, and budget
- Deliver stellar solutions that are completed according to agreed upon budgets and timelines
- Travel up to 25% of time, once it is safe to do so after broad COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
- Complete all other relevant duties, as assigned, or requested, within your scope of practice for the support and growth of the organization
- Develop or enhance expertise using the Microsoft Office, Google Suite of products and project management software
The Scientific/Editorial Team Lead’s key measures of success include:
- Consistently high ratings and feedback from Eubio’s team on leadership that exemplifies our core values; and on engagement, direction, and support given to the team
- Demonstrates continual development and refinement of processes that promote team synergy and team success
- Consistently high ratings and feedback from clients on Eubio’s forward-thinking approach to developing scientific solutions; Eubio’s fulfillment of its promise to develop high-quality, scientifically sound deliverables that exceed clients’ expectations; and service that reflects Eubio’s mission and core values
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a science-related discipline
- Extensive experience in medical writing
- A minimum of 4 years of proven pharmaceutical and/or medical communications agency experience developing content-based solutions for medical affairs and/or commercial clients in the pharma/biotech/medical device industries
- A track record of outstanding client service
- Exemplary leadership in a cross-functional team environment, including work with virtual teams
- Understanding of a variety of therapeutic categories, with a particular emphasis on oncology
This is a remote, full-time position. Eubio values our team members and offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that is built with happiness in mind.
Resume and work samples should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.